SPREAD THE WORD!
If you are looking for an alternative to the current members of borough council on election day, then write-in Daryl Vassalluzzo.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Public Council Meeting

I realize it was a few weeks ago, but I wanted to mention what happened at September's Borough Council Meeting. I've recently been making an attempt to attend these meetings, to hear and see first hand what's going on and who is involved.

I arrived at the last meeting around 7:00, right on time. At that point, only Ted Scott, Bob Bostock, and Michelle Dobbs were there. Greg Benson was going to be late. Karen Scheffler and Dave Dorworth were not going to be there. At 7:20, Mayor Gural called and said he was sick and wouldn't be able to attend. At this point, Ted Scott got up, grabbed his briefcase, mumbled something, and walked out the back door (he did return to the back of the room about 3 minutes later). Benson still wasn't there, so they attempted to call him, but he didn't answer. Since 4 members of council are needed to hold a session, they were forced to cancel.

I had been in Harrisburg for work since early in the morning, but I was able to arrange my schedule so I could drive home and be at the meeting in time (as a plain old town resident). Couldn't at least 4 out of the 7 council members have made an effort? I can understand that all of them can't always make it, but only 3 out of 7??? These public meetings are the one time a month where the residents get to be involved and hear first hand what's going on with the town.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's embarassing that these people CHOSE to be on council and are not living up to their responsibilities.